Saturday, December 22, 2007

HaPPy 10th BiRTHDaY eTHaN !!!


Okay- so, yesterday was completely CRAZY!!! Ethan, Jack & Lily Kate's Christmas parties were ALL from 11:00-12:00. I was "the party planner" for E's class which meant that I had to get all of the paper goods, craft supplies, Chicken Express for 14, etc to the school before hand. It was Jack's teacher's (that I adore) last day to have Jack (she's going to another school in Jan.- how mean of her!) So, I wanted to have a little quality time with her (that, of course, did not happen). And on to my Lily- she's 4- parties are a HUGE deal when you're 4. I did not want to miss a minute of her party. To top if off- they put on the most adorable program for us!
So, I drove between 2 schools... visited a little... took too many pictures ... ate brunch with Lily's class... carted two "sugared- up" 4 year olds (& all of their loot) to the next party... checked to see that they had all that they needed in Ethan's class... took more pictures...hugged our beloved Mrs. Lisle... left with 3 more children (& all of their loot) all between 11:00-12:00!

Next stop- Holiday in the Park at Six Flags...
Luckily, we had the most gorgeous December weather EVER yesterday! TODAY IS ETHAN'S 10th BIRTHDAY! So, we let him invite a friend to spend the day with us at Six Flags. We had the best time! My parents + Laura, Travis & Reese partied with us, too. The "men" rode the Titan twice. Lily rode anything she was tall enough for. Jack decided he did not need to wait in line to meet Santa. "Why?", he said. It broke my heart. *Side note- I did not post the picture of Lily sitting in Santa's lap- he was quite creepy.

Now- on to today. It was fun to celebrate Ethan's birthday on his actual birthday. We never do. It makes me sad that he was born so close to Christmas. All of his fun for the year all in within 3 days. I have always let him have a party on Nov. 22nd. But he decided he would rather just take a friend to Six Flags and spend the night. Plus, he got a better than usual birthday gift b/c I did not have to spend $ on a party. He now has an I pod nano. This may turn out to be our best investment ever. That boy will do anything to buy another song. Sorry- I am beginning to ramble. Where was I?
Back to Ethan- he's 10. I now have a child in the double digits. I am not sure we are ready for what lies ahead. I can not believe Donald & I have been parents for a whole decade. Crazy, crazy!!! He is so precious. He makes me so proud to be his mom. Happy Birthday, E-Man!

Ethan got his nano, $, under armor, a gift card, Wii sing-a-long, a cross necklace, cool shirts, 2 guitar books...
I am not blessed as a baker- So, I did what I do best- I ordered the best Oreo ice cream cake from Cold Stone.
His birthday pictures were hilarious- he is such a ham! Hmmm- I wonder where he gets that from?
post signature

1 comment:

laura said...

we had so much fun this weekend with y'all. we will have to go to 6 flags again sometimes.