Friday, July 4, 2008

Locked Up For 4 Days!




The air conditioner has been broken in poor Donald's car for a while. So, we put it in the shop on Monday morning. They said it would be ready on Tuesday. Okay- no big deal- I can do that. It was not ready until 5 pm on Thursday. I left the house Tuesday to have dinner with Donald & one of his patients. Then, for 30 min. on Wednesday to buy milk. So, my kiddos & I were trapped in our own home for 4 days!!!
I decided to make lemonade with these lemons... I am proud to say that my house is on a whole 'nother level of clean. I actually took EVERYTHING out of all 3 kids closets... sorted through it... then nice & neatly put it back (the boys helped!) I reorganized my closet. There are now a few shelves with nothing on them. I borrowed a friend's pressure washer to clean the porches. So fun! I feel this awesome sense of peace. It sounds silly, but I really do feel this great calm. Now- my next task is to get back in to the routine of cooking. Is this hard for anyone else? I can not seem to get that worked in to my day. (I like cooking,but I don't like that may kids hardly eat- so, it seems like a waste of time.) I will let you know how this goes.
While we were stuck at home- Ethan begged me to color his hair black. He wishes to have dark hair- not be so blond. So, we found our hair color from Halloween & wah-lah... here is Ethan with black hair... blondes do have more fun!
post signature

3 comments:

Ledbetter Fam said...

I have a hard time working the cooking into my day. I LOVE to cook, but my secret wish is to be able to spend a whole week in the kitchen cooking without any distractions. I love it that much, but I want to be able to enjoy it when I do it. I'm also enjoying my summer off with the kids so much that I've kind of neglected the dinner thing. We're having too much fun playing at the waterpark to take time to plan what we're going to eat. :)

JB

laura said...

o ethan. if only he knew his hair was beautiful the way it is! but it looks cool anyway.

my air conditioner in my car went out also, but on the way home from Arkansas. Reese and I were miserable! We got home Thursday and it wasn't fixed until the next wednesday. ick. so i feel ya.

LesAnn said...

Hey Susan! It was so fun to see you and your whole famiy this weekend! I can't wait until we can do it again!