Thursday, July 10, 2008

Celebrate Libby Day!

I really need to get back to being crazy blogger. I love this blog! I love reading all of my friends blogs.
These pictures (I know there are too many... I could post more!) are from our trip to San Antonio for "Celebrate Libby" Day! My mom & her sister + 2 brothers put a lot of time in to planning this huge surprise for my Grandmother. Everything was beautiful, but we did not get to fully enjoy it because it rained. G.G. said that it hadn't rained since last September. They needed it- we just wish it had held off for 2 more days. My mom had enlarged all these pics of her life (so far) & hung them in the trees. There were dozens of red, white & blue balloons in the pool that blew away in the rain. And so much more. We moved the party inside- still so fun, but I LOVE being in their backyard. It's perfect!

Grampa Will & my uncle Corky (who flew in from Florida)



The cutest mom & dad ever





My aunt Karen, the birthday girl & mom

































Beautiful cousins Brittany & Hailey



The cake- made by mom, of course






Corky as "Jay Leno" hosting our festivities











G.G. is a poet. Karen had a photo album made with one of her lines engraved on the front. So sweet!











Donald & Dad playing Bocci Ball- the official game of the weekend.













Uncle Alan's family...Dawn, Alan, Jennifer, Leslie & Chris














In the freezing pool.... these kids love each other!
I can't wait to go back....until next time, G.G.- I love you! You deserved every minute of that party (& even more!)
post signature

3 comments:

Ledbetter Fam said...

So fun!!! Aren't Grandma's the BEST??!!!

JB

laura said...

i LOVE the picture of mom and dad! can you print me one of those? i wish i could have gone. i was sad friday night. it looked wonderful

Anonymous said...

Susan, you did an awesome job with picture taking. They made me cry when I looked at them. We have a beautiful family and I am so proud of all of you.
Love,
Mom