Friday, July 13, 2007

"My little Rebublican"

This is my niece, Piper Ann. Sarah calls her- "my little republican". Let me tell you why..
Piper is Lily Kate's age (they are 6 weeks apart). Lily & Piper are best friends. We LOVE to have Piper come stay with us when she is in from Austin.
I like to spoil the girls. We put blankets on the floor and watch princess movies. We make a big mess and eat things I'll never tell Sarah about. I took them to the toy store to spend Lily's birthday money and bought Piper a barbie too.
Sarah now has admitted to me that when Piper is at home- she pretends that she is me. She puts everything "in it's place" and desperately wants a mini van. (Let me make it clear that I did not desperately want a mini van, but they are roomy & get great gas mileage- who can resist that?)
Sarah & I are very different. I like to drink milk from a cow. She likes to drink soy. Nothing major. It is these differences that make it so fun for us to be together. She thinks it is funny that a tie dye wearin' mama & a motorcycle ridin' daddy have a daughter that will probably be head cheerleader someday. We'll see...
I love you Sarah! Tell my best friend Piper I said, "hello"

7 comments:

Megan said...

this makes me want a little girl really badly. too cute!

laura said...

ahh, your best friend! i love that she loves you and wants to be you! i secretly hope layla will want to be me one day! no, just kidding.

Annie said...

i did'nt tell you that i got piper to wear a dress because it was from you and lily, did i? ya, she loves you!!

suzspeaks said...

That is so precious! I especially like the part about the minivan!

Naomi said...

What a cutie! All I have are two nephews who are all boy! But, I love doing all the girlie things with my girls. I seriously wouldn't know what to do if we had a boy at this point.

Jenn Boilla said...

Hey Susan, I am so excited that you are blogging. I will be joining the blog world in August- through storyteller-photography. Let's do chipotle soon.
blessings, Jenn

Summer said...

Hey Susan-
Cute story about Piper. Aunts are so fun! I always thought mine were the coolest, and Ava already loves her aunt Kate, Teressa and Gay! Glad you're blogging now so I can check in on you!