Thursday, July 5, 2007

"8 is Enough"- Cousin Camp

Jack, Bubba holding Rowan & Layla, Ben, Piper, Nana holding Reese
Ethan & Lily



Below: My sisters & I with our husbands taken last summer

Laura, Travis, Shawn, Sarah, Donald, me, Jeremiah & Lindsey
Piper, Lily & Ben
Jack, Lindsey & Ethan on pick-up day
"Ode to my parents- Mike & Ann" (a.k.a. Bubba & Nana)-
How do I love thee?
Let me count the ways...
My parents are the best! Every summer they keep my kids and all of my sisters kids for 5 days. Not only do we get a much needed break from parenting... the kids LOVE it! They spoil them rotten. Jack & Lily have 3 cavities each to prove it. (Just kidding- that was my fault.) They plan out each day full of awesome "camp" activities like: several visits to Krispy Kreme (did I spell that right?), They feed the fish @ the Japanese water gardens, they go on a treasure hunt (yep-my parents actually dig a hole in the backyard), night time swims in my parents pool, movie day an so much more. How can we compete with that?
Donald & I took the kids to Six Flags the day after we brought them home to remind them that we are fun too!

No comments: