Saturday, July 21, 2007

Boys of summer

I am so excited that Ethan is learning to play guitar this summer! He is going to be our music man for sure. He has had about 6 lessons so far. He knows several cords and loves to put them together to write songs to play for us. Yesterday, I walked into Ethan's room... Ethan was on guitar, Jack was rockin' out on the drums (shoe boxes) & Lily was singin' her heart out (in to the bed post)! They actually sounded great! I know that I need to encourage this side in all of them, but I am not at all musically gifted. This looks like a job for ...Superdad!

Jack really wants to get a real set of drums for Christmas. My dad had a set growing up. I think I need to talk to my Gramma before the big purchase. My dad did live in a room that they made in the garage (he is the 2nd of 4 boys)- could the drums be to blame?

Jack & his friend Eli with Ethan & his friend Austin. We are so thankful for the great friends that our boys have!

4 comments:

laura said...

those are cute pictures of the boys. where are the pictures from last night's dinner? did you even take any?

LivingTheLife said...

Susan...
I can't believe how much your gorgeous family has grown....they are all so darn beautiful...I know they are the "apples" of yours and Donalds eyes...isn't parenthood the best! I've always thought you and Donald have done such a great job as parents...all 3 of your children or so sweet...and loving....Lily Kate is a doll...she is going to be a great person...I know this b/c she shares the same birthday as my dad...so she is bound for greatness...as well as both of the boys...

Just wanted to touch base and say "hello"...you can check out my blog...yes I HAD to enter the blog world...it helps me keep up w/the kids...you can find Jackie's blog in my favorites along w/Emily's!!

Take care...give the kids hugs from me...and tell Donald "hello"...we're heading out for Colorado tomorrow to see Jackie and Nat...we're looking forward to that...I see her wedding site made it on your blog...that was a great picture of all of you guys...

blessings...
"T"
LivingTheLife
aka
http://www.tpmom4ever.blogspot.com

Jeff and Amy McKissick said...

Hey Susan. Your family is adorable! Amy McKissick
jeff.mckissick@sim.org
E-mail me sometime! I'd love to stay in touch!

Julia said...

Yeah! You actually have a blog! I tried to get onto it from your comment, but wasn't able to & was bummed. I'm so glad I'll be able to check in on you & your sweet family now! Everyone is getting so big! I will love getting to see everyone one of these days...Love ya!