Saturday, March 29, 2008

8 CRaZY YeaRS!

MaRCH 30th-
Today is my Jackie's 8th birthday! We partied on Friday night at Incredible Pizza. Remind me never to go there again. I am just kidding. We had a GREAT time! It was just completely crazy on a Friday night- with 8 kids (mostly cousins)!
He had fun & that is all that matters.
So- this is my "Ode to Jack" post-

This picture was taken the month before J was born in Abilene. My college friends were all at ACU for Sing Song. (Jenn, me, Summer, Heather, Julia)
Ethan & Lily Kate were induced. But- with Jack... I got to have all the drama. My water broke in the middle of the night- we rushed to the hospital. I was still upbeat when we arrived- my nurses thought I had just had an "accident". I showed them!
It was such a fun day- tons of friends came to the hospital to meet sweet Jack!
This picture was taken by Sarah when she came to stay with Ethan while we rushed in. I do look too happy to be in labor. (I think I look the same- I still wear those glasses, but Donald looks way younger.)

First Year Collage

Almost 2- I LOVE THIS PICTURE! Check out those eyes!

8 things we LOVE about our 8 year old boy...
1. He needs his morning shower. Every night before bed he lays out his clothes for the next day. He actually lays them out like a person laying on the floor. He is the first one to jump out of bed- sleep walks to my bath tub & gets in. Every day.
2. He loves little kids & they love him back. He is a favorite in the pre-school area at church.
3. He is still my "baby". I love that he still looks at me with that gushy "I love my mom" look.
4. He is very smart- naturally. I can only imagine what he will be when he grows up. As of today- he wants to be an inventor.
5. His personality- how can he make such great jokes at such a young age?
6. Donald loves that he is so cuddly. He gets his cuddles where he can. (I am not much of a cuddler. I know that is bad, but I like my space.)
7. His eyes- need we say more?
8. He is very independent. Kinda nerdy to make the birthday post, but he is. He is organized, and he likes to be. He makes his label maker usin' mom proud!
We love you so much Jack. You are a blessing to us in every way!

Jack & his buddies at midnight- still going strong!
post signature

No comments: