Saturday, October 6, 2007

76 THiNGS aBouT Me

1. I am the oldest of 4 girls.
2. Donald is the youngest of 5 siblings.
3. I love big families.
4. I like to wear black.
5. I like to decorate with shades of green: olive, turquoise...
6. I hated chicken until I got married.
7. I can not eat anything on a bone.
8. I spent 3 weeks in Russia when I was 17.
9. All I have to show for it are pictures of the cool people I met there. (No Lenin's tomb... the Russian Ballet...the buildings...nothing)
10. I bungee jumped from 13 stories high.
11. I went to 7 different schools in Elementary. 3 of them were in the 6th grade. My parents liked to move a lot.
12. I loved summer camp.
13. I wish adults could go to camp.
14. I'm not sure if I like being an adult.
15. Don't tell anyone- but I love Grey's Anatomy.
16. I have 1 tattoo.
17. I was president (or VP- I can't remember) of the Art Club in high school.
18. I was 1 of 5 seniors chosen to showcase my art before graduation.
19. I gag easily.
20. Sometimes even the color yellow makes me gag.
21. Cheerleading is the only "sport" I was ever good at.
22. I quit because #1- I was a clumsy gymnast, #2- I am short.So, I was always thrown around and on the top of things. It was scary up there!
23. I am very clumsy in general. And I bruise easily. Those 2 do not make a good combination!
24. I worked as a "mountain guide' on Wilderness Trek Christian Camp for 1 and a half summers.
25. I led the hike to the summit of Mt. Elbert (the highest elevation in the Rocky Mountains) my first week there! We all survived.
26. I love my family.
27. I have been a bridesmaid in 6 (almost 7- sorry Marcey. I regret not going to North Carolina) weddings.
28. I want to go to New York City at Christmas.
29. I want to see a live taping of Saturday Night Live more than I would like to see a Broadway show.
30. My dream vacation is ITALY.
31. My grandmothers (who has been everywhere) says that Spain is the best. So, I'll need to swing by there too.
32. I care way too much what people think about me. I thought as you got older you would care less. I wish that were true.
33. I would like to win the lottery and volunteer at the place of my choice.
34. I buy lottery tickets on my birthday.
35. I am actually surprised when I don't win.
36. I secretly love pop/rap music.
37. I know way to much about music from the 70's. Thanks dad!
38. I wish I could sing.
39. I like to sew.
40. I LOVE to take pictures.
41. I have a collection of antique cameras- I can't find anywhere to display them.
42. I love to go to Canton with my mom or good friends!
43. I enjoy my treadmill time. It's my "me" time.
44. I am horrible with money.
45. I love to travel- wish we could do it more.
46. As of August- I have now been to Disney World 3 times.
47. I have been to the ER 3 times: broken the same arm 2 different times and I actually stuck a screw in my nose (did not mean to laugh so hard that it went up too high). I had to have it "sucked" out.
48. I like to cook, but I do not like to bake. It just makes a big mess and it's not good for you.
49. My mom is a great example of a great homemaker. My sister's & I all try to do things the way she would do them.
50. Wow! I can't believe I've thought of this many things. (no matter how stupid they are)
51. I wanted to be an architect, but there was too much math involved. Darn math.
52. I hate scary movies.
53. I love being a mom.
54. Ethan always makes me proud. Jack always makes me laugh. Lily Kate always makes me think we're doing a good job (she's so sweet!)
55. I drink diet coke in the morning instead of coffee.
56. I want a pool someday.
57. I love to teach women's classes at church, but I am not a good public speaker.
58. I went to a plethora of concerts in high school and college. My favorites were the Cranberries, James Taylor and Pearl Jam.
59. My favorite classes at ACU were Bible, Backpacking, and Canoe/ Camping. What does that say about me?
60. I am 5"3, but I usually say I am 5"4.
61. My sister's and dad all have tattoos.
62. It's hard to think of 100 things.
63. My good friend's sometimes call me "Suz"
64. I drove an Isuzu truck. My dad scratched off the "I" and The "U" for me.
65. I love it when it rains, but I hate driving in it!
66. Donald & I have lived in 4 cities in 10 years.
67. I hate reality T.V., but I watch The Biggest Loser while I walk on the treadmill.
68. Susan means "Lily of the Valley", so- Lily Kate is like my "junior"
69. I think I talk too much.
70. I began college as an Art major, but decided it would take too long to graduate. It was all about getting out for me.
71. My degree is in Elem. Ed.- that was much easier.
72. I am not good at applying make- up.
73. I lived near Philadelphia for 9 or 10 moths. I was baptized there.
74. A new purse makes me feel fancy.
75. I am not afraid of dying. I am afraid of growing old- alone,
76. this is taking too long- I will complete my 100 later.

4 comments:

laura said...

that's funny that you gave up! i like your list. i learned some things about you.

suzspeaks said...

good list! I gave up before I even started...maybe I should do a list!

Shauna said...

I actually just sat and read your 76 things! I dont know if I have read a single one of those all the way through! I think I am going to do a list during nap time today!

Jennifer said...

You make me laugh Susan, and I miss you! I lol when you said you were surprised that you don't win the lottery when you buy tickets! And I am in for Christmas in New York, but I want to see Letterman!